Out of the Frame and Back On the Easel

I'm renewing my effort on this oil painting of two young girls who are members of a singing group which performs spiritual and sacred music of the SC Lowcountry. Originally I planned to leave the painting loose and "sketchy", but think I'll add a bit more finish to the work.

I've been inspired to resume my efforts by seeing the work of three accomplished artists -Nancy Guzik, Susan Lyon, and Mary Whyte. Each painter brings a sense of spontaneity and freshness to their work which is built on mastery of draftsmanship, paint handling and creative vision.
All three artists have had their artwork featured in recent publications for the members of the Portrait Society of America of which I'm a member. Check out their work and be inspired too.

Now off to my easel...

Post a Comment