Spring Fever Replaces Frost Bite for Plein Air Painting in Charleston March 2010

What a difference a couple of weeks makes. Just a short while ago, I was painting in the snow from the same spot that this afternoon brought out shorts and a case of spring fever.

Temperatures reached the 60's with warm and sunny skies and a light breeze off the lake. Perfect weather for plein air painting or ..... not.

Even a serious outdoor painter is susceptible to being seduced by Nature on a winter afternoon like this. So I gave it my best shot until a mockingbird started singing right above me adding more enticement to "do research for my art" by relaxing and absorbing all the sights and sounds of this unseasonable warm afternoon.




In the famous words of Scarlet O'Hara "...after all, tomorrow is another day...".

No comments:

Post a Comment