"Not Quite Spoleto...Art Exhibit" For Geechee Boy

Sally Mansfield, wife of classmate Joe enjoyed looking at old newspaper clippings at the "Not Quite Spoleto...Art Exhibit" last Friday evening at the Moultrie Hight School Class reunion at Gene West's beautiful, historic home on Sullivan's Island.

Somewhere in this party is "Geechee Boy" who's asked for a quick rerun of the show (via the blog) because he somehow missed seeing the art in all the excitement of visiting with old friends..

Well GB, I'm posting my paintings here but Allan West's paintings were also on view through out the room . Hope you got to see them, too.

"Shrimp Shack on Geechee Dock, Shem Creek"
11" x 14"
oil on cradled panel



"Stella Maris at Sunset"
Oil on panel
11" x 14"







"Cool Waves, Hot Day"
Oil on cradled panel
11" x 14"





"Summer Shower - Battery Park"
Oil on panel
8" x 10"






"Dolphin Watchers"
Oil on canvas panel
10" x 10"









"Portrait of a Reporter"
10"x 8"
Oil on birch panel












"A Lack of Communication"
Oil on panel
Size: 6" x 4"







Here are two "Oldie Goldies." I'm posting just for old times sake.






"The Keys of Time"
Watercolor and Gouache
14"x 11"









"House of the Two Sisters"
Watercolor
Dimensions: 17" x 24"



Hope you enjoy the show recap.
It was a great class reunion. Stay in touch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pic's of your artwork. I feel like I was there. Oh, right-I was!

I like "Shrimp Shack" and "Cool Waves, Hot Day". Both remind me of what I love about the Lowcountry.
My daughter says she likes "Portrait of a Reporter". Guess so - It has a cell phone in it.... But I like it too.
It was a great party. Thanks for the art.

Katherine Muschick Schneider said...

My pleasure. Thanks for checking out my blog.

Lowcountry Geechee Girl said...

Have you heard about the Lowcountry Geechee Girls group on Facebook? It's got well over 100 members and growing strong. All love the books of best selling author Dorothea Benton Frank and Lowcountry Livin'..

Post a Comment