Plein Air Painting at Hampton Plantation - Spring 2014

Charcoal Drawing by Katherine Schneider
Hampton Plantation State Historic Site
2014
Beautiful weather made for a wonderful afternoon at Hampton Plantation.

As I worked on my charcoal drawing, the afternoon sun filtering through the ancient Washington Oak cast soft shadows on the Spanish moss as it swayed in the afternoon breeze.












Hampton Plantation Historic Site Park Manager Mr. Dale Purvis and his daughter came over to visit and see my afternoon's artwork.
 
Mr. Dale Purvis, Hampton Plantation State Historic Site Park Manager
and his daughter Miss D. Purvis, age 3

Upon viewing the drawing, Miss Purvis commented "It's a pretty picture of my house".  I couldn't ask for a better review of my artwork "Hampton Plantation - Spring Breeze".  

"Hampton Plantation - Spring Breeze"
by Katherine Schneider
Charcoal and Pastel
11" x 14"

No comments:

Post a Comment